The Drone Racing League (DRL) unveiled their 500+ drone fleet of the world’s most advanced FPV drone, the DRL Racer3, today.
Each one is hand-built with improved speed, weight and durability by DRL’s team of engineers, the DRL Racer3 will serve as the backbone of the sport of the future — flown by the globe’s most elite racing pilots throughout the DRL 2017 Season, the Allianz World Championship, which airs for the first time on June 20 (8pm ET) on ESPN.
Check out the video, images and specifications.
DRL Racer3 Stats:
- Acceleration: 0-80 in under 1 second
- Top Speed: 85 MPH
- Altitude: Above the clouds (6-8 km)
- Fleet: Over 450 identically designed, hand-built elite racing drones
- 16 Pounds Of Thrust, 8:1 Power To Weight Ratio
- High Voltage Powertrain For Quick Motor Acceleration
- Stealth-Like, Diffused Polycarbonate Shell
- 210 RGB Leds For Pilot Identification And Visibility
- 6” Triblade Props For Agility And Traction
- F3 + Spi Mpu6000 + Betaflight For Flight Control
- Custom 1800Mah Internal 5-Cell Lipo Battery
- Proprietary Internal Long Range Radios For Live Events And Broadcast
- Carbon fiber frame
- Weight: 900 grams
About DRL: Website